When you need to send money, and you've got to do it fast, turn to the convenience of the Western Union Money TransferSM service. No matter which money transfer service you choose, you'll find them all reliable, easy and fast
Western Union has offered its customers electronic money transfer for over 150 years. Each transfer can be tracked using a money transfer control number, ensuring that your money is available to be paid out quickly and only to your receiver.
Money is available for collection just minutes* after it is sent. Western Union uses advanced technology and our unique worldwide computer network for immediate payout in more in more than 200 countries and territories around the world.
Senders and receivers can go to one of our over 250,000 locations world-wide to collect or send money**. It is not necessary to have a bank account. Many agent locations offer convenient hours of service throughout the week, throughout the year.
* Subject to hours of operation and differences in time zones.
** In certain countries, the send money service is not available, customers can only receive money.
To Send Money
- Fill in the “To Send Money” form, including a Test Question if required.
- Give the agent the completed form along with the money you wish to send, the sending costs and an identification document.
- The Western Union agent will enter the money transfer information in the computerized system.
- You will receive a receipt with a Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN).
- Call the receiver to tell him/her the amount of money sent and the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN).
To Receive Money
- Fill in the “To Receive Money” form. Indicate the country the money was sent from, the name of the sender and the amount you are expecting.
- Give the Western Union agent the form and an identification document including a Test Question if required.
- The agent will give you the money and a receipt.