2. Why We Ask You For Your Personal Information
We ask you for your personal information for the following purposes:
- to facilitate the provision of the products and services you request from us including verification of your identity;
- to provide you with information and offers on our products and services, that we believe may be of interest to you and in certain circumstances to allow Travelex group companies (that is, Travelex subsidiaries and affiliates) to provide you with information about their own products or services; and
- to comply with the law.
3. Information We Collect and How We Use It
If you choose to order products or services from us, via telephone, mail, in person at one of our retail outlets, or from our Website, you will have to provide us with certain information, including personal information such as: your name, mailing and/or e-mail address, credit or debit card information, Driver’s Licence or passport and/or other photographic identification. We may also obtain information about your transactions with us and/or our group companies and other information for payment purposes or to comply with legal requirements.
Federal law requires us to obtain, verify and record information in order to confirm your identity. This information will include your name, address, date of birth and any other information required in order to complete the verification process. The information provided by you and the results of the verification process will be retained by Travelex and our third party fraud checking agent for audit and fraud prevention purposes.
4. Withdrawing Your Consent
You may withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information, as long as:
- you give us at least thirty (30) days written notice;
- we reasonably believe there are no legal requirements for the use or retention of your personal information; and
- withdrawing your consent does not result in our inability to fulfil your financial services contract with us.
However, in order to provide our services to you, there is certain information we will require and if you choose to withdraw your consent to the use of that information the service may not be available.
At any time you may opt out of receiving marketing materials and communications from Travelex and its group companies by following the procedures outlined in paragraph 10 below or by de-selecting the option to receive such materials and communications on the Payment Page.
5. Disclosure of and Control Over Personal Information
Your personal information is shared, to the extent permitted by law, within the Travelex group of companies, including some companies located outside of Canada. Personal information that is transferred to a Travelex group company located outside of Canada will be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction. No personal information will be disclosed to anyone outside the Travelex group of companies except:
- when you give us permission to do so;
- as permitted by law;
- when in good faith we believe the law requires it;
- for everyday business purposes, such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), perform information technology functions, respond to court orders and legal investigations, report to credit bureaus, or to offer our products and services to you;
6. Protection of Personal Information
We process your personal information internally in accordance with strict internal security controls to protect against unauthorised use, alteration, duplication, destruction, disclosure, loss or theft of, or unauthorised access to your personal information, in accordance with applicable privacy laws. Personal information submitted by you on our Website is stored on secure servers located in Toronto. Security is continually reviewed and enhanced as new technologies present themselves. We maintain physical, organisational and electronic security measures to protect your personal information. These include the use of secure locks on doors, restricted access to our information processing and storage areas, limited access to relevant information by authorised employees and independent contractors only ("Employees"), and through the use of passwords and pass keys.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to the Website. However, once we receive your information, we use strict security standards and procedures to try to prevent unauthorised access to customer information. Your order is placed over a secure connection and your personal information is encrypted to ensure your data remains safe at all times.
7. Accessing Your Personal Information
There may be instances where we will not be able to provide the personal information we hold about you that you request. Some of these instances include if it:
- contains references to other persons;
- is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege;
- contains our own proprietary information that is confidential to us;
- is too costly, in our determination, to retrieve; or
- cannot be disclosed for legal reasons.
- If we are unable to provide you with access to your personal information, we will always explain the reason why, if possible.
8. Keeping Your Personal Information Accurate
10. Unsolicited Direct Marketing
Your personal information will not be provided to anyone outside the Travelex group of companies for direct marketing purposes unless you have expressly consented to such activities. If you do not wish to receive marketing materials from us you may opt out of such activities by contacting us at the e-mail address or telephone number provided in paragraph 13 below, or by clicking the unsubscribe option in any e-mail marketing communications we send you. Customers acknowledge that they may be contacted by mail, telephone or e-mail for customer service and/or billing purposes. Under no circumstances do we sell lists of our customers to unaffiliated third parties for their use, except where necessary in connection with the sale or acquisition of some or all of the business.
On our Website, we may collect information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a “cookie” file. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer's hard drive by your browser. They help us improve the Website and make it possible for Travelex to identify some of your preferences. On revisiting the Website, Travelex's computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your previous visits. Most browsers are originally configured to accept cookies automatically.
13. Please Contact Us