Travelex Canada Limited (“Travelex”) recognizes the importance of safeguarding the personal information of its customers using the Travelex Services.
This website is provided by Travelex Canada Limited and describes our use of your personal information when you use this website, any of our mobile software applications (Apps) or platforms (collectively the Online Services), bureaux de change stores, ATMs, customer services telephone lines and when you interact with us using other channels such as social media platforms, as well as information we receive when you purchase or use Travelex Branded products which are provided by our partners. These services and products are collectively referred to in this policy as ‘Travelex Services’. The Travelex Services you may purchase or use are provided by Travelex Canada Limited and also by our Travelex Group Companies or by our partners.
Travelex Canada Limited, is a company incorporated in Ontario with registered office: 250 Yonge Street, Suite 2201, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5B 2L7.
If you have any questions or concerns about material which appears on the Website, please contact: [email protected]
Information we collect
We collect and process personal information in three ways:
1) Information you give us
- Personal Information. When you use the Travelex Services, we may ask for information about you. This may include your name, date of birth, home address, billing address, office address, e-mail address, the form(s) of identification you provide (e.g. passport or driving licence) and the personal information contained within those forms of identification, mobile telephone number, landline telephone number, credit or debit card information, other payment details, such as your bank account information, as required by us in order to complete your transaction and provide your payment choices and travel details (including future travel dates and destinations). If you do not provide the information we require to process a transaction, we may not be able to proceed with your order.
2) Information we collect from your use of our services
We may collect information about you, the Travelex Services and how you use them. This could include:
- Transactional information about our Services and how you use them;
- Information you share with us when you contact us for any reason either in writing, by phone or by any other means. This may for example be in-store at one of our bureaux, through our contact centres, or through social media;
- Registration details when you set up an account with us (including your username, password and verification information);
- Content you post on our websites, including personal descriptions, photographs and videos
- Information when you take part in promotions, competitions or surveys;
- Registration information when you sign up to loyalty schemes offered by us;
- Details of your visits to the Online Services. This includes page interaction and Online Services site activity, including which website you came from, pages you viewed during your visit, and the page you viewed immediately after you left;
- Data collected by cookies and corresponding technologies, together with the personal information we have collected;
- Location information, for example your IP address, registered beacons or GPS (geo-location) signals. We may use your exact geo-location when you have consented to it;
- Your marketing preferences; and/or
- CCTV images from equipment in place at our bureaux de change stores and ATMs for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime and public safety.
3) Information we receive from third parties
We may also receive information from third parties. This may include:
- Non-personal information used to supplement existing information, such as demographics and affluence metrics (e.g. social-demographic groupings through matching postcode information); and
- Information about you from other sources with whom we work closely to provide the Travelex Services to you, including third party payment and delivery service providers, identity verification and fraud prevention services, and other companies in the Travelex group.
How we use the information we collect
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Collecting payment, processing and fulfilling your order and otherwise providing you with the information, products and services you may request from us;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations (including fraud prevention, anti-money laundering and sanction screening). This may include checking the information you provide to us against information from other sources;
- Enforcing any contract entered into between you and us for the Travelex Services;
- Contacting you (including by email or SMS) with marketing messages according to your preferences, and that you have consented to receive;
- Providing you with any alerts, in App messages or other messages you have registered to receive;
- Providing you with service messages, notifying you about changes to our Services or changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- Improving customer experience and our quality of service;
- Data analysis to allow us to derive insight and to help make the Travelex Services personalized and relevant, as well as to develop our business processes, products and services; and
- Enabling us and third party websites to display relevant and targeted advertisements, based on previous behaviour, purchases, or any other relevant information.
Information we share
We may disclose your personal information to any member of the Travelex group (a list of Travelex group companies is available here. We do not share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Travelex for marketing purposes or otherwise, nor do we sell your personal information. The only time your personal information may be shared with a third party is if:
- We have your prior consent to do so;
- We are using a third party to send targeted advertisements, using an identifier such as an email address or site cookies;
- We have aggregated, non-personally identifiable information, which is to be used for segmentation, statistical modelling, general research or trend analysis;
- We sell or buy any new business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business assets;
- We are purchased by a third party, in which case personal information held by us including you as our customer will be transferred. We will notify you of this through the most appropriate means;
- We need to comply with the obligations we have to our third party product issuers or third parties providing products or services on our behalf, so that they may process your order or otherwise provide the information, products or services you have requested (please note that these third party product issuers have their own privacy policies and accordingly we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the handling of personal information by such third parties in accordance with such policies);
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations or in order to enforce our conditions of sale (including the Online Terms and Conditions) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Travelex, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Retention of Personal Information
We only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for us to use your information as described above or to comply with our legal obligations.
Maintenance of Accurate Information
We strive to ensure that the information we maintain about our customers is accurate, current and complete. We respond to requests from customers to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner so please tell us if you think we hold incorrect information about you at the address below.
Accessing the Online Services
As part of using the Online Services you may be asked to set-up a user name and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password and are responsible for all activities that are carried out when logged using your name and password.
We have a number of security measures in place to protect your personal information. However, when transmitting personal information over the internet, please bear in mind that no transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Therefore, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the internet to us. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us immediately.
Please be careful whenever sending personal information to us via e-mail. E-mail is generally not a secure means of transferring information. We therefore cannot guarantee that this information will not be lost or used in a fraudulent manner and we encourage the use of e-mail encryption to communicate with us.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer, phone or tablet by websites or sometimes by emails. Cookies provide us with useful information which we use to improve our Website and make it possible for Travelex to identify some of your preferences. When you revisit our Website, Travelex's computer server will recognize the cookie, giving us information about your previous visits which help us to analyze how our customers interact with our sites so we can make improvements. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual.
We use three types of cookies on our websites
- Session cookies that are deleted after each visit.
- Persistent cookies that remain in place across multiple visits to our sites until they either expire or you delete them.
- Third party cookies that are used by our approved business partners.
Links to Third Party and Travelex Group Websites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our group companies, selected partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and accordingly we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for such policies. It is therefore advisable to check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Access to Information
If you require access to the information we hold about you, please send your request in writing to the address set out below. Any request may be subject to a prescribed fee, where we are legally permitted to charge in order to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Travelex does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, you should not register or provide personal information on the Travelex Applications. If we later obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 18 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user’s personal information from our systems. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a person under 18 years of age, please contact us at [email protected].
Providing personal information about other people
You can provide us with another person's personal information to enable us to contact them (for e.g. by recommending a friend to use Travelex Services, or by entering them into a competition). By providing the other person's information you are confirming that they have given their explicit consent for you to provide their email address, mobile phone number or postal address to us and for us to contact them by email, phone or post. A message may be sent to the other person using the contact details provided by you and this message will make reference to your name and explain to the recipient that you were the source of his/her contact details.
Removal from Travelex Email Marketing Communications
You may want to discontinue receiving information from us. While this may mean that you will not receive product or service information of interest to you, we respect anyone’s wishes not to be informed directly of these promotions or product introductions.
You may advise us that you want to opt out by sending us an email at [email protected]. You will also be provided with an unsubscribe link in any email or SMS message we send you.