Back home from your trip with leftover currency?
Feeling sad that your vacation is over? Bring some sunshine back into your day by returning your leftover currency to us and exchanging it back into Canadian dollars!
If you’re worried about all that extra hassle, don’t be! It really couldn’t be a simpler process to exchange your money back with Travelex, leaving you with more time to ease back into the swing of everyday life.
All you need to do is fill out this short form (downloadable below) and mail it straight to us, making sure to include your leftover banknotes.
Within five days of receiving your foreign currency here at Travelex, we’ll mail you back a nice check based on our daily exchange rate for similar transactions.Print form and send us your currency
What To Do With Currency?
There are a few options available to you if you have a significant amount of foreign currency, and aren’t sure what to do with it. You can either sell the currency back to us as soon as you wish, or you could hold on to the currency with two objectives in mind. The first would be to watch our rates and decide to sell the currency back to us when you feel the rate is at its best. The second would be to keep your currency safe until you decide to travel to that region or country again.
How To Sell Currency
We will buy back your currency and pay you Canadian dollars. All you have to do is:
- Decide how much currency you want to sell back to Travelex.
- Choose to mail through your currency, or visit one of our retail stores across the country.
- Receive Canadian dollars back in the form of a check or in cash, based on the day’s rate.
Foreign Currency Return Terms and Conditions
- A Travelex company cheque will be mailed to you within five business day of receipt of the Sell Us Your Currency form and accompanying foreign currency banknotes and/or foreign currency traveller’s cheques.
- Please allow 7-10 days for Canadian postal service delivery
- Travelex will only accept responsibility for foreign currency banknotes or foreign currency traveller’s cheques once received by our office
- Travelex will not accept responsibility for coins, Canadian dollar banknotes or Canadian dollar traveller’s cheques
- You must complete the form clearly and in its entirety
- Travelex will not accept coin currency, Canadian dollars or cash Canadian dollar travellers cheques
- Total value must not exceed CAD $2,500. We will not process orders above this amount
- Travelex reserves the right to return any non-redeemable currency to you at your expense
- Exchange rates will be based on our “buy” rates on the day of receipt for similar transactions
- A CAD $5.00 processing fee will be charged and delivery charges may also apply
- This service is only available to individuals aged 18 years or over who are resident in and accessing the service from Canada
- This service is for personal use only
- This service is provided by Travelex Canada Limited
- Can I sell my foreign currency to Travelex?
Yes! In the vast majority of cases, we’ll buy your foreign currency from you. You can either visit a Travelex Store or you can send your currency to us.
- Do you purchase all currencies?
We purchase most major currencies, but unfortunately we're not able to purchase some foreign currencies.
At this time, we don't buy Argentinian Pesos (ARS), Cuban Pesos (CUP) or Iraqi Dinar (IQD), along with some other currencies.
We can purchase Bahamian Dollars (BSD) and Russian Rubles (RUB) only if we sold this currency to you. Please include the receipt for your purchase from Travelex when returning your bills.
We’re also unable to accept any legacy currencies from the countries now using the euro. If you want to double check which countries are using the euro, visit the European Central Bank.
If you’re not sure if we accept a currency, please feel free to contact us at 1-855-270-0627 (within Canada) and the email should be: Online.Orders.Canada@travelex.com if you need clarification.
- Do you purchase coins?
Generally, we don’t purchase coins besides £1 and £2 coins and €1 and €2 coins, which our store locations may be willing to accept. Please contact your nearest store directly for more information on this.
- Do you purchase old or discontinued currency?
No, unfortunately we aren’t able to purchase any currency that’s no longer in circulation.
- How long will it take to get my money?
Within just five days of receiving your foreign currency banknotes here at Travelex, we’ll mail you a check based on our daily exchange rate for similar transactions. It usually takes between 7-10 days for Fed-Ex and/or Canada Post.